Posts Tagged Ecology
By Tamara Cruz Ortega
Monk seals are aquatic mammals and It hasn´t got external ears. You can not turn their hind flippers forward under the body and its skin is covered with hair. The monk seal is named for having a fat ring behind the head. Monk seals live in warm waters and belong to the genus
There are three species:
- The monk seal of the Mediterranean (Monachus Monachus).
- The monk seal of the tropical Indean (Monachus Tropicalis).
- The monk seal of Hawaiian (Monachus Schauinslandi).
The monk seal of the Mediterranean is one of the 10 most endangered mammal species inthe world. In Spain, contained in the category “endangered” National Catalogue of Endangered Species.
Today only about 500 copies are distributed between the Mediterranean and Eastern Atlantic
persecution by fishermen, the reduction of coastal fisheries, pollution and habitat destruction.
Nowadays to prevent the hunting of monk seals and the extinction of them we have to reduce the fishing and to pollute and destruct their environment without sea pouring harmful products and preventing them from reaching shore and kill slowly on account of that dozens of monk
seals over the years.
the panda it’s a big animal that looks like a bear and it’s white with black spots. It comes from china and eats principally bamboo.
This animal is in danger of extinction because they have been in captivity and haven’t reproduce enough to maintain the population, to save the panda we have to protect wild pandas in reserves.
by: pilar legido
The tiger is native to Asia. Tiger is solitary and territorial animal, that it lives in forest and also in savanna. The tiger is the largest feline in the world. Male tigers have a weight between 100 and 306 kg and 220-330cm in longitude including the tail. The females, much smaller, have a weight of 85 – 167 kg. and a total logitude of 210-275 cm.
Most tigers have an orange coat and stripes varies from dark brownto black. The shape and number of stripes vary according to theirsex (if it is female the number of stripes is lower).
Nowadays, the biggest enemy of the tiger is the human, to take it fur and bones. Tiger bones have been used in traditional Oriental medicine,although today this practice has been prohibited in China. The illegal hunting to obtain the skin, and habitat destruction have reduced the wild tiger population.
Information of wikipedia.
By Beatriz Aznar
The black panther has got emerald eyes and has an incredible adept. They are usually in India, South Africa, Java and Malaysia. They can be in hot climates and not cold but cooler. They have lots of enemies in the jungle like the lions, the tigers, the crocodiles, the pitons, the wild dogs and the mandrilles.
But the most dangerous of all is the human. The humans hunt them because of a sport and then they sell the black panther skin.
Lynx have short tails and characteristic tufts of black hair on the tip of their ears.They have a ruff under the neck, which has black bars (not very visible), resembling a bow tie.
The Iberian lynx critically endangered species native IberianPeninsula in Southern Europe. It is the most endangered cat species in the world. According to the conservation group SOS Lynx, if this species died out, it would be the first feline extinction since the Smilodon 10,000 years ago.
This information was looked in wikipedia.org
- Ecology: It is the science that studies the relations between organisms to one another and to their physical surroundings.
- Ecosystem: A community and its habitat. An example of ecosystem:
- Biocenosis: Describes the interacting organisms living together in a habitat.
- Habitat: The place where organisms live.
- Comuunity: All the population of different organisms that live together in a habitat.
- Biotype: A group of organisms having an identical genetic constitution.
- Niche: The role of an organism in a ecosystem.
- Biosphere: The regions of the surface and atmosphere of the earth occupied by living organisms.
- Population: All the members of a single specie that live in a habitat.
- Images: google
- My student’s book.