Eutrophication is the addition of inorganic nutrients to an aquatic system. Also artificial substances such as nitrates and phosphates, through fertilizers.
Normal lake Lake during eutrophication
The development of biomass in an ecosystem is limited, most often, by the lack of nitrogen in continental environments.
1. Soil retention
2. Runoff surface water
3. Atmospheric deposition
4. But the main cause is the increase of nutrients.
- There are three particularly troubling ecological impacts:
- Decreased biodiversity.
- Changes in species composition and dominance.
- Toxicity effects.
- Definitons, causes, and consequences from Wikipedia.
Decomposers are organisms that break down dead o decaying organism. It use this to obtain their energy, carbon and nutrients for growth and development. In conclusion they use death organism or non-living organic compounds as their food source.
The fungi on this tree are decomposers.
Decomposers are very important for any ecosystem. If they weren’t in the ecosystem, the plants would not get essential nutrients, and dead matter and waste would pile up.
1. Put some examples of decomposers.
The nitrogen cycle: Nitrogen in the atmosphere passes to the ground and there occurs the nitrogen fixation in the bacteria in the root nodules of legumes and in bacteria in soil. Then it takes ammonium and passes to another bacteria that is nitrifying. After that it takes nitrates and there are two options: or it passes to a bacteria that is denitrifying or it can assimilate by plants,in the first option the cycle willbegin again and in the second option it will pass to amino acids and proteins in plants and animals,after that it will pass to detritivores and it will turn into ammonium by decomposition.
Information taken from the image (google images) and from biology’s notebook.
The energy classification is divided into two groups: renewable and non renewable energy.
– The renewable energy resource is energy extracted from natural sources like biomass, geothermal heat, tides, sun, wind which are naturally replenished. They can be replaced and generated with more “frequently.”
– The non renewable energy resource is a natural resource which cannot be generated, produced or use without caring it. Once it has finished, there isn’t remaining. They are consumed faster than the nature creates them.
This video shows us what solutions are in process and some of the effects which cause the non renewable energy resources. The video is until 1:44 minutes and after you can know who has done it.
Here i let you a little curious sudoku of energy: http://www.eia.gov/kids/energy.cfm?page=energy_sudoku
1. Where exactly does most our energy comes from?
2. Which are the most common problems of these renewable energies?
Non renewable: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-renewable_resource
The second pyramid is the energy piramid. An energy pyramid is the graphical representation of the trophic levels (nutritional) by which the incoming solar energy is transferred into an ecosystem.
This information was taken from diferrent webs loked in google.com
image by *inSOLense
- Carbon cycle (general)- Bea Aznar.
- Photosythesis and respiration (related to Carbon cycle) – Tamara Cruz.
- Greenhouse effect (natural and anthropogenic) – gases & effects – Sara Escribano.
- Deforestation (its influence on the Carbon Cycle and relation with Global warming) – Pilar Legido.
- Nitrogen cycle (Including the terms: fixation, ammonification, denitrification and assimilation) – Inés Rubio.
- Acid rain (realtion with N Cycle, gases and consequences) – Silvia Vinués.
- Eutrophication (realtion with N Cycle, causes and consequences) – Nerea López.
- Fertilizers (organic and inorganic, and their environmental consequences)- Belén Mercader.
- Decomposers importance in the ecosystem (what are they and what do they do?)- Samuel Quílez.
- Types of pyramids (numbers, biomass and energy) – Martín Ramos.
- Wastes (the 3 Rs rule) – Andrea Rubio.
- Energy classification (difference between the 2 groups, and types of energy) – Jara Villar
Do a good work in order to get a good mark from it. Please, do not copy and paste from the web and do not forget that your post should have:
- Personal explanation (use your own words).
- Image and/or video
- Sources of information.
- A couple of questions.
The andean mountain cat is a species of carnivorous mammal of the family Felidae. It is one of the least known felines and is considered the most endangered species in the Americas.
The Andean mountain cat is native to South America. Its distribution is restricted to thehighlands of the Andes, to central and southern Peru and northern Bolivia, Chile and Argentina.
We don’t know ih their are in danger because an human action or because of a natural action because they skin are very goods yes, but in the Andes the people think that kill a Andean mountain cat brings bad luck. And thera aren’t reports of traffic of their skin. And their food is very difficult to found and because of this we can think that there are a specific predator and this cause this little number of them.