Natural greenhouse effect
- Sunlight comes through the atmosphere and reaches the Earth.
- Invisible infrared radiation is reflected back to space.
- Some gases in the atmosphere (greenhouse gases) don’t let the radiation escape and reflect it back to Earth.
- The Earth keeps warm.
Anthropogenic greenhouse effect
Too much greenhouse effect
CO2 concentration in the atmosphere has increased due to an increased industrial activity (fossil fuel burning) and other human activities such as cement production and tropical deforestation. Elevated CO2 levels will increase global temperature.
- How temperature will increase in the future?
- Which type of greenhouse effect keeps the Earth at it optimum temperature?
Sources of information
Images from Google